• Deep Cycle Premium sealed batteries capable of up to 500 cycles that are fully laboratory tested.
• Gelled/Suspended Electrolyte No liquid of any kind; battery is completely sealed. Safe in any position.
• Maintenance Free Water is never added; low liability
• Travel & Ship Easily MK batteries are F.A.A, IATA, and UPS approved.
Benefits of an Advanced Gel/Sealed Battery
• Battery technology has changed tremendously in just the past few years. In fact, size-for-size, MK\\\'s advanced gel/sealed batteries deliver more power and more consistent performance than other types and brands of mobility batteries.
•Last longer than comparable wet lead/acid and marine batteries.
•Are approved for airline and public transportation.
•Do not need to be fully discharged before recharging.
•Do not develop a "memory" that limits their recharging.
•Do not need to be recharged with lower amps than wet lead/acid batteries.
•Will not automatically discharge if put on concrete.
Has a 160 minute reserve capacity.
Capacity at 5hr RATE 72AH
Capacity at 20hr RATE 88AH
Capacity at 100hr RATE 99AH
- Weight: 63 lbs each
- Length: 12.83"
- Width: 6.56"
- Height: 9.3"
GEL vs. AGM Sealed Batteries
AGM (absorbed glass mat) is a special design glass mat designed to wick the battery electrolyte between the battery plates. AGM batteries contain only enough liquid to keep the mat wet with the electrolyte and if the battery is broken no free liquid is available to leak out.
Gel Cell batteries contain a silica type gel that the battery electrolyte is suspended in, this thick paste like material allows electrons to flow between plates but will not leak from the battery if the case is broken.
More often than not an AGM Batteries are mistakenly identified as a Gel Cell Batteries. Both batteries have similar traits; such as being non spillable, deep cycle, may be mounted in any position, low self discharge, safe for use in limited ventilation areas, and may be transported via Air or Ground safely without special handling.
AGM Batteries outsell Gel Cell by at least a 100 to 1. AGM is preferred when a high burst of amps may be required. In most cases recharge can be accomplished by using a good quality standard battery charger or engine alternator. The life expectancy; measured as cycle life or years remains excellent in most AGM batteries if the batteries are not discharged more than 60% between recharge.
Gel Cell Batteries are typically a bit more costly and do not offer the same power capacity as do the same physical size AGM battery. The Gel Cell excels in slow discharge rates and slightly higher ambient operating temperatures. One big issue with Gel Batteries that must be addressing is the CHARGE PROFILE. Gel Cell Batteries must be recharged correctly or the battery will suffer premature failure. The battery charger being used to recharge the battery(s) must be designed or adjustable for Gel Cell Batteries. If you are using an alternator to recharge a true Gel Cell a special regulator must be installed.
If you are unsure which battery or charger is best for your application, please call or email our tech people for help making the correct selection.
MK Battery guarantees MK Battery/ AGM Batteries against defective materials and workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of shipment.
Any storage of this battery shall be at an ambient temperature of 77°F (25°C), or less, and in accordance with EPM’s published installation and operating instructions. Furthermore, MK Battery warrants to the original user the AGM batteries on a pro-rata basis as follows:
FULL PRO-RATE TOTAL
MK Battery/Deka AGM Batteries: 12 mos. (1 yr.) 0 mos. 12 mos. (1 yr.)
If upon initial inspection, installation and adequate float charge the battery fails to meet the published performance ratings per the latest EPM catalog data at the time of shipment, or the user identifies flaws in material or workmanship that would impair life or product performance, the user will be instructed to:
1. Upon written approval, return the product for examination, freight prepaid.
2. Hold the materials on site pending inspection by an MK Battery representative.
Upon satisfactory proof of claim, as determined solely by MK Battery, MK Battery will repair or, at our option, replace any defective battery.
Warranty of a battery is defined as its failure to reach at least 80% of its rated capacity. If a properly maintained battery fails to meet 80% of its rated capacity, MK Battery will replace the battery towards the purchase of a new EPM battery per the following formula:
Current List Price
_________________________ X Months in Service = Replacement Cost
Warranty Period (Months)
Costs for replacement equipment installation, material freight charges and travel expenses of MK Battery representatives will be the responsibility of the purchaser.
Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
· Warranty claims for full replacement must be made three (3) months from failure.
· This warranty is non-transferable.
· This warranty does not cover any physical damage due to nature or man, which stresses the battery beyond design, limits, and is void of manufacturing date codes are destroyed.
· Batteries should not be used in an application that exceeds 50% DOD (Depth of Discharge)
· Negligence, accident, abuse, misuses including improper jump-starting, or improper unsuitable or abnormal storage of the products.
· Improperly installed or applied batteries. Improperly charged (either under or over) batteries. Opening of batteries that are designed and intended in use as sealed products.
· Physical damage due to acts of nature or man, which stress products beyond design limits or other undesirable influences.
· Normal “wear and tear”.
- CUSTOMIZE & BUY